Young Business Leaders Forum
Open Invitation for Participation
The Overseas Koreans Foundation (OKF) is an organization under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that supports overseas Koreans.『Young Business Leaders Forum』will be held by inviting the next generation of overseas Korean entrepreneurs who are active in the local mainstream society. We also invite domestic and foreign next-generation entrepreneurs who will be the main players of the future to『2019 Young Business Leaders Forum』which will be held in conjunction with 『the 18th World Korean Business Convention』 to be held in Yeosu, Jeollanam-do. We look forward to meeting you.
1. Overview (Young Business Leader Forum)
○ Date : 21th(Mon.) — 24th(Thur.) October 2019
○ Venue : Yeosu Expo Convention Center(Yeosu, Jeollanam-do)
○ Participants : Approximately 150 people
— New participants : 50
— Ex-participants : 100
※ Only new applicants are required to apply. Ex-participants are not required to complete this application but can apply through the application for the Hansang Convention. Application of Hansang Convention will be open in June.
※ The above schedule may be subject to change.
3. Application information
○ Age : Entrepreneurs of Korean descent under 45 years old.
(Regardless of nationality)
○ Entrepreneurs who are renowned or highly recognized as an entrepreneur in their residing countries and are recommended by Korean diplomatic offices and Korean economic organizations.
— Overseas Applicants : CEO or professional entrepreneurs who are active in local mainstream societies
— Domestic Applicants : As a superb leading entrepreneur in Korea, who has an understanding of and can participate in Hansang Network
— Experts in the next generation of finance in mainstream society
○ Registrants who participated in the convention of participants
who participated through past screening
□ Selection procedure and schedule
○ Submit applications → Selection screening → Notification of selection result → Convention registration → Individual arrival
○ Period of Application : By July 30th (Tue.)
— Pre-check the deadline of application of Korean diplomatic offices
○ Notification to Participants : The beginning of August
— Candidates will be notified through the Korean diplomatic offices and Individual notification.
□ Submission method
○ Submit application documents to Korean diplomatic missions in each region
— A letter of recommendation from Korean diplomatic missions, overseas
Korean economic organizations, or leading CEOs is required.
○ Submit application documents to Overseas Koreans Foundation directly
— A letter of recommendation from an economic organization or leading CEOs
□ Required Documents
① Attached application forms (with photo more than 100kb)
※ You can download the application from my pop-up zone (www.hansang.net)
② A Korean or English resumé (focused on business activities)
③ Introduction of a company or business presentation (ppt format) under 10 slides
— Additional summarization of 2 slides (for printing)
④ A copy of passport
⑤ A copy of the certificate of enrollment, certificate of career (Issued by a company), and business license
⑥ Other evidence of career
※ Articles in journals and newspapers, records of awards, research, and corresponding field thesis and etc.
4. Support for participants
○ New applicants : Free registration fee, Accommodation fare (4 nights)
○ Existing applicants : Accommodation fare (1 night) to participate in
programs (CEO Networking etc.) before the convention
※ Ex-participants are responsible for accommodation and registration fees
○ All applicants : Souvenir provision
○ Euna Oh, Hansang Businesss Department
○ Tel : +82-2-3415-0153 / E-mail: email@example.com
○ Download application form : pop-up zone at www.hansang.net
6. Applicants should meet the following conditions
○ Applications with missing documents will not be considered.
○ It is not necessary for the ex-participants to apply, but the registration for the Hansang convention is mandatory and it will be announced in July by E-mail or at www.hansang.net.
Attachment : Application Form
Мы в Telegram